Student Bloggers: Connecting through Conversation

April30

This post has been created to share our thoughts on blogging as part of The Edublogger’s Student Competition!

by posted under Uncategorized | 7 Comments »    
7 Comments to

“Student Bloggers: Connecting through Conversation”

1. May 2nd, 2009 at 5:01 am       Sue Waters Says:

Thanks students from Ginny’s class for making this video to share how blogging has impacted your lives.

It’s great to hear all your stories of what you’ve gained as part of the Student Blogging Challenge and we all owe Miss Wyatt a lot for organising this challenge.

Keep up the excellent work and thanks for submitting this entry in the competition.

I’ve asked my friends in my network to visit your blog to check out your great video plus hopefully leave a comment. I have asked them to state their location. So here is mine – Perth, Western Australia – the second most isolated capital city in the World.

2. May 2nd, 2009 at 5:10 am       kolbert Says:

Thanks so much for sharing this. It’s very inspirational to hear directly from the students how blogging has affected them. It’s easy to hear from us, their teachers, and it’s easy to show the data on how their work has improved but it’s not often you get to see the faces behind their digital voices. The young lady who said that blogging allowed her to express herself without feeling pressure from others, was most likely speaking for many, MANY students. What a great testament to using blogging and any type of online communication to reach out and express yourself globally.

I am here in the United Stated in sunny South Florida. Without blogging, I would not have known…

3. May 2nd, 2009 at 8:22 am       buell Says:

Hello from Duxbury, Massachusetts, which is just to the north of Plymouth–which you all know from Thanksgiving! I teach High School in Weymouth, MA and I keep a blog that helps my students connect what’s happening in the world around them to things that we are learning in our world history classes.

I love to see other blogs so I can get ideas for my classes. Thank you for sharing yours with me!

4. May 10th, 2009 at 5:07 pm       Miss W. Says:

Congratulations on your win in the Edublogger student competition. Make sure you visit the Edublogger to get your badge which you can add to your blog.

5. May 10th, 2009 at 7:03 pm       plnaugle Says:

Hello Lit 10 Group from New Orleans, Louisiana. I enjoyed listening to your comments on how blogging has impacted your life. I remember how I felt when I started blogging at the beginning of this school year. Since I teach fourth grade, I’ve been very cautious about putting my students’ work out in the blogosphere, but now I see how powerful getting feedback from others can be.

Continue the journey you have started…

Visit us at http://pnaugle.blogspot.com

6. June 13th, 2009 at 6:20 am       ar67 Says:

Thanks for sharing how blogging has impacted you! I want to be in your class! I teach 3rd grade and have a few students who have blogs. They struggle with feeling like they have an audience. What is your secret in getting the word out about your blog?

7. September 20th, 2009 at 9:25 am       msprinkle Says:

I’ll have to say this video is very inspirational. Thanks for sharing with everyone. I sure hope I can impact my students the way you have impacted yours. Blogging is truly one way to get students interested in writing and commenting. What a great way to have students interacting with each other.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Announcing The Winners Of The Edublogger’s Student Competition! | The Edublogger
  2. Congratulations Edublogger’s Student Competition Winners! | THS Lit 10

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Better Blogger participant
.gr_grid_container { /* customize grid container div here. eg: width: 500px; */ } .gr_grid_book_container { /* customize book cover container div here */ float: left; width: 98px; height: 160px; padding: 0px 0px; overflow: hidden; }

Ginny's currently-reading book montage

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2)
Wishing Upon a Star a Tale of the Holoca
Salvaged Pages: Young Writers' Diaries of the Holocaust

Ginny Hoke's favorite books »
Share book reviews and ratings with Ginny, and even join a book club on Goodreads.
.gr_custom_container_1288920394 { /* customize your Goodreads widget container here*/ border: 1px solid gray; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px; background-color: #FFFFFF; width: 200px } .gr_custom_header_1288920394 { /* customize your Goodreads header here*/ border-bottom: 1px solid gray; width: 100%; margin-bottom: 5px; text-align: center; font-size: 120%; } .gr_custom_each_container_1288920394 { /* customize each individual book container here */ width: 100%; clear: both; margin-bottom: 10px; overflow: auto; padding-bottom: 4px; border-bottom: 1px solid #aaa; } .gr_custom_book_container_1288920394 { /* customize your book covers here */ width: 98px; height: 160px; overflow: hidden; margin-right: 4px; } .gr_custom_author_1288920394 { /* customize your author names here */ font-size: 10px; } .gr_custom_tags_1288920394 { /* customize your tags here */ font-size: 10px; color: gray; } .gr_custom_rating_1288920394 { /* custoimize your rating stars here */ float: right; }

Ginny's bookshelf: read

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
5 of 5 stars
Though I found this title in the young adult section, I highly recommend this book to all readers. A moving tale of a young man, Arnold Spirit, torn between two worlds: the Indian reservation that is the only home he's ever known and the n...
Before We Were Free
5 of 5 stars
Many years ago, I fell in love with the raw poetry found within the pages of Alvarez's work In the Time of the Butterflies, as it traced the story of the brave Mirabal sisters during the time of the Trujillo regime in the Dominican Republic...
The Naming: The First Book of Pellinor
4 of 5 stars
I'm not typically a fan of fantasy, but this book held my attention, captured my imagination, and forced me to stay up late into the night reading.
The Adoration of Jenna Fox
5 of 5 stars
When Jenna Fox wakes up from a coma, she finds it difficult to locate her memories and her sense of identity. A haunting reason lies beneath the surface of the story that forced me to dig beneath the layers, reading into the night as I sea...
Sold
4 of 5 stars
Sold grabbed my interest, keeping me reading early into the morning to learn more about young Lakshmi's fate. The reality of her situation, a thirteen-year-old child from Nepal sold into sexual slavery in India, is both tragic and haunting...

goodreads.com Share book reviews and ratings with Ginny, and even join a book club on Goodreads.

Skip to toolbar